ONLINE SAFETY PRO
The most common concerns I hear from schools are:
- Cost of online safety training.
- Online safety expertise – how do you keep up to date?
- Getting all staff and governors together for training when time is already difficult.
- Poor understanding of the spaces children are in: games, YouTube and social media.
- How do you engage with children in the classroom about online safety?
- How do you develop a whole school approach?
Online safety has evolved over the years into a huge area.
Time, money, what do you keep up to date with, where is that advice coming from, is it based on good research and experience, how do you engage parents and what with?
Part of the problem is that online safety crosses over into many areas, e.g. PSHE (the most important area), so it can’t be treated as a bespoke subject, and neither can it be treated as a technology issue. Technology is predominantly the mode of transport, behaviour is key. But to understand behaviour you also need to understand the spaces that children are in.
Online Safety Pro will help you with all of this and much more.
1-day course for your online safety lead:
- Online safety risks and opportunities related to gaming, YouTube and social media. We’ll be going deep into these areas, specifically why things are happening, including e.g. disinhibition, parasocial relationships, influencers etc.
- Whole school approach to managing online safety.
- Engaging children and parents.
- Best free classroom resources.
- and much more.
Plus Training for all your Staff and Governors
It is vital that all your staff (teaching and support) have regular, updated training online safety training:
- 12 months access to online safety training for your staff, including new members of staff.
- 12 months access to online safety training for your governors.
- Regular 10-minute videos to keep all staff and governors updated with new online safety issues and advice.
Alan Mackenzie specialises in online safety and has been working in schools nationally and abroad since 2007.
Full day training for one member of staff PLUS 12 months online training for all staff and governors, including new members of staff, PLUS regular updated videos to keep staff right up to date.
Cost: £349 + VAT
All future venues and dates are below with more being added soon. Simply email Alan ( email@example.com ) and ask for a place to be reserved, an invoice will be sent to you before the course date along with venue and instructions.
Mon 27th January 2020 – London
Thurs 23rd April 2020 – London
Subscribe to receive updates of new Online Safety Pro course dates